What is Super Absorbent Polymer
Super absorbent polymer is a kind of functional polymer material with strong hydrophilic groups and certain crosslinking degree. Previously used adsorbent materials, such as paper, cotton, hemp and other water absorption capacity is only 15 to 40 times of its own weight (refers to deionized water, the same below), water retention capacity is also quite poor. In the mid-1970s, the U.S. department of agriculture research center first developed a super absorbent polymer, then various types of super absorbent polymer have emerged. These super absorbent polymer are insoluble in water, insoluble in organic solvents, can absorb hundreds to thousands of times the weight of water, and strong water retention, even if the pressurized water will not be extruded, which has attracted the attention of the world. In recent years, the industrial production capacity of super absorbent resin has been continuously expanded, and is widely used in medical and health care, building materials, environmental protection, agriculture, forestry and food industry.
Main Material properties:
1. High water absorption can absorb hundreds or thousands of times of its own weight of ionized water.
2. High water absorption rate per gram of high water absorption resin can absorb hundreds of grams of ionized water in 30 seconds.
3. The gel with high water retention and water absorption is not easy to squeeze out under external pressure.
4. The volume of the superabsorbent gel immediately expanded by hundreds of times after the high expansion water absorption.
5. Carboxyl anions are contained in the molecular structure of ammonia-absorbing low-cross-linking polyacrylate superabsorbent polymer. Ammonia can be absorbed and has obvious deodorizing effect.
The existing manufacturers of super absorbent polymer include Sandia, Japan catalyst, Demi chemical, Sumitomo, BASF and Tai SAP, which account for 99% of the global output, of which sandia accounts for 55%.